Monday, March 26, 2007

Speaking of Semi-Finished Objects...

(it's a heavy-duty picture day)
Yesterday was Flicka-Dot's birthday party... Attending, M., E., V., C., C., L., and, briefly, J. (remind me next year, we should invite more vowels in order to spell something interesting with initials... -- Can Corey Move Lana's Very Jaundiced Eaglet?, Must Vera Cradle Every Jumping Cricket's Launch?). If expression is anything to go by, a funnish time was had by all, the morsels were quite tasty, and the gifts were well received.










Among said gifts, finally:




Double Helix / Galaxy Purl's Callisto Pico child's shawl, perfectly Flicka-Dot sized.

Thank you to everyone that came to the party, and thanks especially to Mom-in-Law for hosting the party -- it was wonderful, but no surprise there, you're always a superb host-friend-relative-chef-grandma (did I miss any; I'm quite sure I did, please remind me!)

'Nother order of the day, congrats to everyone that made it through Sock Madness Round 2; see you all again in Round 3 (though I'm going into this round much less confidently -- there are some .very. fast knitters out there!) And sorry, Omly -- you were quite graceful about it, but it still feels kinda awkward, having to bump a friend to be able to continue on...

Pattern: Mad-Tini by Karen Bole
Yarn: Schaffer Lola
Needles: Addi Turbo US1
Yarn choice could have been better -- the busy-ness of the yarn pretty much obliterated the intricacy of the pattern; luck of the draw, I guess, when you're selecting yarn for an unseen pattern. All in all, though, I'm quite happy with how they turned out -- fabric is nice, color is nice, and I'd totally consider repeating the pattern, albeit with a differently toned yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment