Thursday, March 8, 2007

Crinkle, Crinkle, Little Socks

Given that the first pair of Sock Madness socks will be (I'm guessing) similarly stranded, I have a not so vague sense of foreboding... Think these will block to flat? And, for those keeping track, these took me five days to complete, with minimal working on other projects in-between (knitters and spinners must sample, you know, so this was my time-test sample). I'm expecting that six days just about lets me out of worrying about anything but the first round -- there are surely folks that will have much more time and concentrat-ability than I. And maybe that's not a bad thing -- I suspect it'll be a lot more fun if I remember that everybody wins all the patterns, and everybody wins at least one pair of socks to wear along the way. So don't mind me... I'll be the one finishing the last round's socks next Christmas; are we okay with that?



Nordic Lights Socks
Started March 2, 2007; finished March 7, 2007
Pattern adjusted to accommodate the anticipation of Flicka-Dot's upcoming birthday and foot sizing appropriate thereto.
Yarn:
Color 1 (CC): Claudia Hand Painted Fingering, 50g / 175 yards, Color: Just Plum
Color 2 (MC): Regia 4-Ply, 50g / 210 meters, Color 1994 (my desc: Dark Fir Green)
I used one skein of each, and just about all of each skein.
Needles: Susan Bates Double Pointed Quicksliver, Size US1

Re: Ducks
To Carole: Thank you so much, I'm glad you like them! The pattern is quite easy to follow and I didn't have any difficulties at all -- I highly recommend your eyeing it with yarn in hand }grin{

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. These are pretty (even post-blocking). I've been eyeing this pattern for myself but what a great idea to knit it for smaller feet ;-) Great Birthday present.

    ReplyDelete