Friday, February 2, 2007

DCandH

When I was little (way back in the Stone Age), one of my grandfather's favorite jokes referred to a law firm with the name "Dewey, Cheetham, and Howe". I remember it quite well -- no matter how many times he told the joke, he would chuckle and find it ever so amusing. Fast forward to much later... I'm wandering around Harvard Square, where I've worked for years now, and I look up, and lo, behold the third story window!:



Obviously it's been there for as long as I've been wandering the neighborhood, but I've never noticed it before. I'm not sure what type of company it actually is, but no matter what, I can just imagine how tickled my grandfather would have been to see his joke in person...

3 comments:

  1. Supposedly it is the home of the car talk guys on NPR http://www.cartalk.com/menus/show.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link -- Dewey, Cheetham & Howe, a.k.a. Warped Discs... Guess they share my Grampa's sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete